Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday Funday: Austin



We concluded our weekend of adventure in Austin with a Sunday full of our favorite things.


We started the day with a trip to Kirby Lane, a yummy 24-hour cafe with $2 mimosas for brunch!! I had a delicious plate of french toast, while the mister enjoyed a summer special granola with tropical fruit. Let me say, if you are near this breakfast hot spot try the granola. It was amazing! After satisfying my mimosa craving, we took a little walk down the drag to Cream Vintage. This cool shop not only has a ton of great clothes, they have an in-store tailor to custom fit your purchase. I scored a super cute pair of much needed sunglasses and then we were on our way.



Our mid-day stop was to my mister's all time favorite coffee shop. Caffe Medici was the perfect place to stop and enjoy an opportunity to get my butt kicked in a friendly game of chess. (I am still a beginner, but I try!)

The evening began with a stop to the Trailer Park & Eatery. Torchy's Tacos to be exact. We enjoyed the unique taco creations before finishing the evening in true Austin style! Our last evening in Austin was spent crooning to some of the city's finest jazz at the Elephant Room. The underground venue was the perfect finale to the weekend of music and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment