Monday, May 9, 2011

Flowers and Fairies

This Mother's Day I treated my mom and our family to a day out at the faire, Scarborough Faire to be exact! If you have never enjoyed the merriment of this wonderful festival you are missing out. It truly is like stepping in a time machine for an afternoon.


This renaissance wonderland has been a favorite of my family for years. We love watching the magical performers who seem to be on a stage in every direction you turn. The smell of honey roasted almonds and turkey legs fill the air! It is the perfect way to step out of the norm and have a day trip adventure.

At the faire everyone has their desired delight that they waited a long year for. The mister loves the steak on a stake. (I have to hear about that perfectly seasoned slab of meat for 364 days!) I adore all of the handmade products. This year I took home the sweetest smelling handmade lavender soap. Even my precious little nephew seemed to find his niche in the charming little petting zoo with baby pigs and chicks.



If you haven't had a chance to check it out and find your own delight, you still have a few weeks until the final day. You can even get discount tickets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment