The Simply Sophisticated Up-Do:
- Step 1: It is always helpful to start with hair a day after it has been washed. (It adds volume and is easier to manipulate.)
- Step 2: Gather one inch piece of hair from the left side of your face right above the ear.
- Step 3: Pull one inch piece behind the center part of your head and pin piece to scalp. (It is best to use bobby pins in a similar shade to your hair color. )
- Step 4: Repeat step 2 & 3 from the right side. Make sure you cross over the already pinned left side. The criss cross pinning gives the illusion of a french braid.
- Step 5: You will continue these steps working your way one inch at a time down towards the nape of your neck. ( I usually pull two - three pieces from each side, but this is your preference based on the desired look and length of your hair)
- Step 6: Once you have "braided" the top section, you will gather the remaining hair and roll upward. (Placing the roll on top instead of underneath provides a more seamless look between the braid and the roll)
- Step 7: Use the same bobby pins to secure the roll to the scalp. I recommend pinning both openings of the roll into the bottom section of the braid. (It helps to use a few large pins in the center to secure)
That is it! It might take a few tries, but once you master this up-do you will be able to look totally put together for a day at the office or a cocktail evening. It really is the simplest sophisticated look!
I would love to hear your feedback on this post. I really want to offer insight and advice on things you love. So if there is anything you want to learn or need help mastering, just let me know!!